Guerrilla Games – Killzone Shadow Fall
Inhouse Freelance Technical Artist
Gamescom MP Trailer
During my internship and inhouse freelance work at Guerrilla Games, I had the opportunity to do some awesome things.
Beside updating existing tools, I had to build some tools from scratch. Here are the two most important projects I want to share.
The GuerrillaShelf is a replacement for the default Maya shelves. This custom system has some features the default system hasn’t.
- All content is centralized in perforce
- Sharing abilities
- Custom shelf items (TextField, Menu, Separator)
- Floating/dock mode
- UI options
- Easy transfer between Maya versions
Asset Integration Tool
Floating and dock mode
I’ve build this tool closely with the Asset Artists. It automates the process of integrating assets from an outsourcing location.
- Overviewing the scene (Lightmaps, collision ID’s, Materials)
- Previewing lods (placing apart over x or y-axis and create a lod group)
- Quick preview ingame
- File info (User pasts the outsourced path in a text field. Automatically all the linked data and placeholder file is listed.)
- Pivots (Checks and shows the pivots from the placeholder file and the outsourced file.)
- Lightmap UV’s (Overview and managing of the lightmaps of the lods)
- Collision ID’s (Overview and managing of the lightmaps of the lods)
- LOD’s (Overview/preview of the lods.)
- Material & Textures (Overview and managing of the materials)
- Export (Export the asset to the intermediat format. Easy import to the test level and launch of the game to preview the asset.)